Xkcd dating formula dating canadian pacific watches waltham

As the graph shows, there is a lower limit and an upper limit.The lower limit can be defined as y = x/2 7 in which x is your age and y is the minimum age of your partner.The Half Plus Seven Rule is an unwritten rule that asserts that it is creepy to date anyone who is younger than half your age plus 7 years.For example, a 50-year-old dating someone who is younger than 50/2 7 = 32 would be considered creepy.Unfortunately for the proverbial 1%, most of their soul mates are to be found in the other 99%.If only 1% of people use the service, then 1% of that 1% would find their match through this system — one in ten thousand.

The intuitive conclusion is that the number of potential partners is decreasing as time goes on.

In the real world, many people have trouble finding any time at all for romance — few could devote two decades to it.

So maybe only rich kids would be able to afford to sit around on Soul Mate Roulette.

Even so, the math remains murky — Munroe explains: What about gender and sexual orientation? In our scenario, you don’t know anything about who your soul mate will be until you look into their eyes.

Everybody has only one orientation — toward their soul mate.

Leave a Reply